Student Resources & Activities
|PCSSD is providing resources for families and students while the school buildings are closed. There are educational resources available to help students and parents. You can also find activities to enjoy as a family or for students to do on their own.|
- ACT rescheduled the April 4, 2020 National ACT® test date to our June 13 and July 18 test dates.
- AP College Board continues to update the process for AP exams this year. PCSSD recently sent a letter to all AP students, which can be found here.
Dyslexia Services are available to assist parents and guardians with reading materials through Sonday System. The Parent Empowerment Pack specializes in reading packets for children with dyslexia. The packet equips parents with reading lessons with your child while they are studying from home. The materials are available at no cost.
- Free piano lessons at home through online videos, use code PIANOATHOME
- Free art classes via Facebook group "Make"
- Looking to stay creative while stuck at home? Check out this Google Site packed with great ideas!
- For three weeks, Mo Willems opened his studio for a LUNCH DOODLE session. All 15 episodes and downloadable activities can be found online.
- The Painted Pig Studio is offering curbside pick up of paint-at-home pottery kits
- Ann Potter Baking has DIY cookie kits to entertain the kids and the cookies are delicious, too!
- Arkansas Children's Hospital published a "What is COVID-19?" coloring book to help children understand and process the pandemic.
- With kids at home and parents looking for educational activities, many of our favorite authors are offering online read-alouds and activities on social media. We Are Teachers rounded up over 50 of the best virtual author activities in one place.
- University of Central Arkansas' K-12 Reading Program is now open! The live, teacher-led online classes are available now and throughout the summer, for Pre-K through 12th grade students. The curriculum is high caliber and has been taught in a live, online format for 5 years already with over 50,000 school-age students. The classes are led by highly-trained teachers with many years’ experience teaching effectively in online classrooms.
- Go Noodle Good Energy is a free online resource for parents, caregivers, teachers, and kids. It offers free movement, yoga, and mindfulness videos, downloadable curricular activities, and off-screen home activities.
- Down Dog is an app which provides new yoga practice on a regular basis available to every PCSSD staff or student for FREE! With over 60,000 different configurations, Down Dog gives you the power to build a yoga practice you love.