Interested in DVA?
When registering for the upcoming school year, students are automatically placed in a school based on their address according to the PCSSD Zone Map. Students who are interested in attending the DRIVEN Virtual Academy, must complete the application in order for us to manually place you in the virtual school.
WHAT IS DRIVEN VIRTUAL academy?
DRIVEN Virtual Academy is a full-time, 100% online school for students in K-12 within the Pulaski County Special School District. Driven Virtual Academy will distinguish itself from other schools in the area by providing flexibility in coursework with self-paced options, mentoring programs, and curriculum delivery flexibility, specifically in the areas listed below:
- Individual Student Learning Path: Flexibility of working at pace and/or advanced in order to reach individual student goals.
- Student Mentor Program: Student paired with a teacher who will be a point of contact as well as helping students develop and accomplish individual growth plans. Mentors will fill in the help fill in the gaps and maintain parent & community relationships.
- Blended Model: Students will have curriculum online with the option of face to face learning/tutoring or virtual office hours. Virtual office hours will allow for students to access their teachers for 1:1 support. This sets Driven Virtual Academy apart from what can be offered in a traditional school model.
DRIVEN VIRTUAL ACADEMY MISSION
The mission of Driven Virtual Academy is to make learning personalized for ALL students by targeting individual interests, providing opportunities for growth, and integrating blended learning models for the purpose of meeting the individual needs of all students.
DRIVEN VIRTUAL ACADEMY GOALS
- Driven Virtual Academy will earn and maintain a state letter grade of A or B as reported by the ADE.
- 80% of Driven Virtual Academy students will meet or exceed state and/or district averages in academic growth in ELA/Math/Science based on state assessments.
- STUDENT GROWTH
- As a result of creating and following student growth plans, 90% Driven Virtual Academy students will increase academic performance.
- STUDENT INTEREST/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- 80% of Driven Virtual Academy students will participate in service projects starting in middle school to increase exposure in various industries for the purpose of connecting to future career fields.